Google Photos is now rolling out its new built-in chat and share features with other users within Google Photos app. This feature is now available in Web and mobile (both IOS and Android). Another important and best part of this feature is, users can also have their private conversation in the app. Users can also “Say Something” with their image while sharing with other users by name , email or phone number. Users can also create group and chat by adding recipients.
Other add-on aspects of this feature is, users can save received images to their local device by selecting “Save to library” option and also comment and like the image.
Though it seems like existing social media app, google mentioned in its blog clearly that “According to Google, this “feature isn’t designed to replace the chat apps you already use.” It joins existing first-party social features like live albums and shared libraries/albums.”
Here comes the steps to use this new cool feature by Google Photos:
- Make sure you are connected to internet ;’)
- Install latest version of Google photos app.
- Open Google Photos app on your Desktop or Mobile.
- Select the image/ video you want to share
- Tap on the share icon on the screen
- Select a contact name or email of the single or multiple users you want to share
- Users can also type a message along with the image/ video and share it
- Users can also send media while on going conversation also. Cool na 🙂